Instagram Likes And Views: How To Turn Off Seen On Instagram
The Instagram platform is constantly evolving, with new features and new options in the applications. Recently, users have been able to hide the number of likes and views of other people’s posts. I’ll tell you Instagram likes and views: how to turn off seen on Instagram in this article. The same is also possible for their publications.
The famous global network, whose owner is Facebook, said that these features appeared to reduce users’ stress levels and pressure. Instagram has tested these features in several countries since 2019, but it wasn’t until late May 2021 that the new features became available worldwide.
Instagram said the testing revealed an interesting fact: Simply removing likes has little impact on user behavior and well-being, even though using the platform makes people anxious and can even worsen mental health. With our guide, we’ll tell you where you can find new ways to engage with the social network in the Instagram mobile app.
How To Hide Likes And Number Of Video Views For New Instagram Posts
Once you activate this feature, you’ll see the subscriber’s name who liked your post and the phrase “and others” instead of the number that usually indicates the number of likes.
- Start a new Instagram post as usual until you reach the last menu before posting.
- Click “Advanced Settings” at the bottom of the menu.
- Check the box next to “Hide the number of likes and views on this post.
- Go back to the previous menu, then click “Share” to publish the post.
Note that even if the user has the likes counter enabled, they won’t be able to see the number of likes in the accounts or posts you’ve hidden.
Instagram is constantly experimenting with new features, and the latest is the ability to hide the likes and views of your posts. This information can be useful to know how well your content is resonating with your followers, but it can also be a vanity indicator that interferes with your mental health.
I can attest to how constantly comparing the likes and views of my posts to others makes me feel pressured and, over time, worsens my self-esteem. So I’m glad Instagram rolled out this feature to reduce the stress caused by online social comparison.
- This feature is not currently available for Reels or IGTV videos. The number of views and likes on Reels and IGTV will still be visible to your subscribers.
- If you want to know how to hide Facebook likes, it’s not possible, but it may be in the coming months. We’ll keep you posted.
When you use this feature, Instagram will no longer show the number of likes under your post. Instead, it will show the subscriber’s name who liked your post, with the text “and others.”
- Create your new Instagram post as usual until you get to the caption input screen.
- At the bottom, click “Advanced Settings.”
- Turn on “Hide likes” and “View number.”
- Go back to the previous page and click “Share” to post.
Note. It is impossible to set this as the default for all your new posts. Therefore, you need to enable this option every time you create a new post.
How Do I Hide The Number Of Likes In Your Already Published Instagram Posts?
You can disable the likes counter on any of your older posts in just two simple steps:
- Go to the post for which you want to hide the likes count and tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner.
- Tap “Hide number of likes” on the pop-up menu.
- Now, the number of likes will no longer be visible.
As for hiding Instagram video views, the above method works for regular video posts in your feed but not for Instagram videos or IGTV videos. Currently, you can’t hide likes or views on Tumblr and IGTV.
How To Disable Likes On Other People’s Instagram Posts
In addition to hiding the likes in your posts, you should know how to hide the number of likes on Instagram in general so that you don’t see them in other users’ posts. This can help you focus entirely on evaluating the content rather than being distracted by the numbers.
- Open Instagram and tap your profile image at the bottom.
- Tap the menu icon with the three lines in the top right corner.
- Tap “Settings” in the pop-ups and go to “Privacy.”
- Select Posts.
- Turn on “Hide likes and View Counts.”
Of course, you can turn this off at any time to come back to see the likes and counts of other users’ posts.
Show likes and views counts on Instagram.
You may have deleted the likes from your Instagram post, but what if you want to cancel it? You can go back to displaying the counters in any post by following two simple steps.
- Go to a particular post and tap the three dots in the top corner.
- Click “Show as quantity.” This is it!
Online Status On Instagram – How To Hide The Time Of Visit
A new option appeared in the Instagram app – Last Active- more than a year ago. It allows you to track the user’s status: online or not, how many minutes ago the user was last in the feed. Such a “thing” moved here from the messengers Viber and WhatsApp. There it has been practiced quite successfully for a long time.
“But what about the developers’ respected privacy?” – you ask. It’s fine. On Instagram, you can hide the time of your visit from prying eyes. It’s very easy to do, read our article and you’ll find out everything.
Network status in Instagram – where it is displayed
If you want to know when the person last logged into the Insta app, you need to open direct (paper airplane icon) and tap on any dialogue. In it, under the user’s nickname, you can notice a gray inscription, for example, “Was(a) online 58 minutes ago. This is the status we are interested in. It is only displayed in the Direct tab.
Surely you have noticed that some people do not have the inscription. This means that the person decided to hide it from his followers. And how exactly he did that, we’ll figure out below.
Interesting. A little green circle appears next to his avatar if the user is online.
What You Can Do To Hide Your Visit On Instagram
Before you can hide the time of your visit on Instagram, you need to find the right way to do it. And it depends on the type of device from which the user enters the social network. It can be the Instagram app on an Android smartphone or an iPhone, a browser on a computer, and a mobile device. So it’s worth considering a separate way to enable invisibility for each method.
Application On Android
If you need to figure out how to hide online on Instagram from an Android phone, you can use such ready-made instructions:
- First, you need to open the app and go to your profile by clicking on the avatar icon in the lower right corner.
- Then, open the options section, which is hidden behind the three horizontal bars at the top right of the screen.
- In the list that appears, select “Settings.”
- Locate the Privacy section.
- Once opened, find the “Activity Status” option.
- Only one function will be available in the window that opens, called “Show Activity Status.” At this time, it will be activated. The slider should be moved to the left so that it is deactivated and becomes grayed out.
As long as this slider is blue, the function is activated. When it turns gray, it means it is turned off. Users who want to hide their online status on Instagram use this instruction. In doing so, they forget that they will not be able to see the status of other users when the function is deactivated either. So they will have to choose to decide what is a priority for them.
The iPhone App
If you have already figured out how to hide the time of visit on Instagram on Android, doing the same on the iPhone will be easy and fast. After all, the apps for both Android and iOS operating systems are almost identical. Only the icons of some functions, their names, and the order in which they are displayed may change. But the principle will be the same. How to hide the time of your visit on the iPhone:
- Open the Instagram app on the iPhone first.
- Go to your profile by clicking on the avatar in the lower right corner.
- Open the menu at the top, which is hidden behind the three-bar icon.
- In it, we find “Settings.”
- In the list, look for the “Privacy” section.
- Also, under “Interactions,” the last item will be “Activity Status” go to it.
- Make the slider inactive against “Show Activity status.”
With these instructions, it will be clear how to remove online on Instagram and the time of the last visit through the application on the iPhone. Here, too, it’s important to understand that if you disable this setting, you also won’t be able to see the online status of other accounts even if you go into Direct and check all the conversations with people who have sent you messages or been active on your page.
Where Your Online Status Appears
Instagram is a little different from other social networks. Here on the user’s main page, his online status or the time of his last visit is not displayed. It’s also impossible to check whether he is online or not at the moment if you open the list of subscribers and followers. There you will not find such information.
Some users do not realize that Instagram can track the visiting time of other users. But this is only for those who do not keep personal correspondence in Direct. He probably doesn’t even want to know how to turn off online on Instagram because this option remains a mystery to them.
But curious users will still be able to find out when the other person last went to the Instagram service. But not about every person, he will be able to find out, but only about his contacts, with whom he recently corresponded in Direct. To check a specific person, you need to:
- First, open Instagram.
- Then go to Direct via the newsfeed by clicking on the airplane icon in the upper right corner.
- There will be a list of recent conversations.
- Under the usernames will be their current status, e.g., “Online now,” “Online 2 hours ago”, “Online today,” etc.
The inscription will be grayed out and can change depending on whether the person has visited the social network or not. Also, on the avatars of online people, a green circle will be lit at the bottom right.
Why Can’t I See My Online Status?
But there may be people on this list who don’t have online status. This may be for the following reasons:
- The person has hidden their online status from their followers.
- The user didn’t read your last post. In this case, instead, the status will be lit “Sent.” If you open a conversation with this person, the time of the last visit will be lit at the top under their name.
- Problems with your Internet connection. If you suddenly lose your connection, try reconnecting to another network or switching to mobile internet. Then refresh Direct to see the actual statuses of your contacts.
Should I Hide My Likes On Instagram?
It’s a personal choice. If you find that likes make you anxious or compare yourself to others, it may be good for your mental health to turn them off. But if you have a business account, these metrics are probably important to you and will help you know how your content resonates with subscribers. Try it yourself and see how you feel about it.
If I Hide The Number Of Likes, Can I See How Many Likes I Got On My Instagram Posts?
Yes. With Hide Likes, the number of likes or views of a post will not be publicly displayed, but you can still check by clicking on the text that shows you who liked it. Of course, you can also choose to display such counters.
Is There A Way To Hide Your Instagram Activity?
Yes, you can hide your activity status on Instagram. This means that others cannot see when you are active/online on the platform. Go to “Settings,” в†’ “Privacy,” в†’ “Activity Status,” and turn off the “Show Activity Status” option.
Now you know how to disable the number of likes and views on Instagram.